Friday, November 28, 2008

Fremantle Markets

Fremantle or Free-o as the locals call it, is a cool little town about 30 mins away from where we live. It sits right on the shore of the Indian Ocean, and has a very relaxed feel about it. Every weekend they host a wonderful open market with a variety of local and not so local goods. The produce they sell there is very nice. We make it down to Free-o quite a bit as it provides a nice and inexpensive get-a-way from the house. On this particular trip we had the pleasure of getting to view a Porsche club gathering in the park so I included a few of the pics from that as well as a few shots from Little Creatures, a local micro brewery. Their beer is very good and they even have a boccie ball court out back reminiscent of the Velvet Dog in Kansas City. If you come to visit us in Perth we will definitely make Free-o a stop on the tour.

1 comment:

  1. So I finally know where the vevlet dog is... I just haven't gone yet. I saw it and I thought I need to go there so I can also be apart of the KC bar scene that my brother was!

    ReplyDelete